Thursday, August 5, 2010

Leonard's Reflections 5/8

This is the third and final day of the IBM Software Technical Conference. After failing my first attempt at the SOA certificate, I started sourcing for more information on SOA and also asked my lecturer, Mr Teo Shin Jen, to give me some advice.

I took the test at 9am and thanks to the JIT (Just in Time) tutorial by Mr Teo and some websites about SOA, I improved my score by 2 percent! Even though it was not a huge improvement, it was an improvement nonetheless. None of the previous paper’s questions were repeated either.

After the test, I went for a lecture about the new features of Omnibus 7.3.0. The technical terms used during the lecture were very complicated and I had a hard time understanding the topic. After lunch, I went for a lecture about Cognos 8.0 and SOA. I learned a lot during the lecture, like the architecture of Cognos 8.0, the advantages it provides to businesses and how it works to provide the services to the business companies.

We had to leave early on this day as our bus leaves at 6pm so regretfully, I could not attend any more lectures. I have really enjoyed this conference as I could learn a lot of things about IBM and their products, which I might be using in future jobs. This was a very enriching experience and I hope to be able to attend more conferences in the future.

This is Leonard and it has been enjoyable writing my experiences in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment