Saturday, August 7, 2010

IBM Finale

On the night of the third day, our lecturer Mr Teo gave us a fast lecture on SOA. He basically gave us a crash course on the important facts and the gist of SOA so that we can at least know some basic of SOA before we actually go and retake the SOA fundamentals test. The basic lecture he gave all of us made me have a brief understanding of SOA and how it works. Even though it was a crash-course, I feel that it is very beneficial as I can actually learn about SOA in a short period of time and even understand them.

In the morning, I bodingly went to take another test on SOA fundamentals. I was very satisfied with my performance as I had improved my score by 18%, however, I still did not make it to the certification. Taking the IBM test is really a wonderful experience, I could actually feel the amount of knowledge that a person must know in order to pass the test. It is not easy to take an IBM test certification and I have learnt a lesson that I must not go and try to attempt another IBM test without proper/basic knowledge on the products and systems.

The various lectures I attended for the rest of the day were more on the product-based lectures where they tell us more on the special features of their new products. From this lectures, I learnt that the new versions of the products and their previous version, how they are improved and what are the main areas that they improved on. I feel that this is quite useful as I now know what to focus on if I want to improve an existing product. The speakers also taught on how to use the new products. Although I do not really need to use these products in the near future, I feel that it is still a good thing that I learn, so that I can at least have a little experience and basic knowledge on the product.

Time to go home, I was disappointed that we had to leave already even before the whole conference is officially closed and that I had to miss the last lecture which was a sharing session with the experts which I was interested in. Although it was a short three day conference, I had benefited from this conference. Not only did I learn new technology and software, but also some basic skills like problem dissecting and others.

I really want to go to another conference like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment