Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 2 at IBM Conference

We start off the day with a lecture on how a Service Desk can benefit us and how does it work. I feel that this lecture has benefited me as I have learnt about the basic of implementing a Service Desk. Furthermore, from this lecture, I know the methods and ways of how to implement the Service Desk technology. This method can also be applied when we do our larger-scale projects. Hence, I find it very beneficial to me.

I attempted the free certification on SOA (Service Orientated Architecture) certification. From this test, I realised that the certification test for IBM is not very easy, it takes effort and time to study for and prepare for the test. It is a good experience for me to experience the test taking for an IBM certification, as it is a rare opportunity to actually go for and take the test in IBM context. I had fun taking the IBM certification even though I did not have good results from the test.

Thinking I could take up the challenge, I went to attend an advanced lecture by WebSphere. Even though it was an advanced lecture, I actually enjoyed this lecture as the speaker and his team did a very good job. This lecture was not a teaching session but rather a question and answer session. Although I do not really understand the product that they are discussing, but I had really learnt a lot from this session. The professionals and the speaker shared their experience with one another. I really enjoyed the session and would like to attend future such sessions. I feel that the speakers are also very approachable, for example, Mr Ernese Norelus even stayed back for a while to explain to us some of the basic context of the WebSphere software.

Overall, I feel that today was a great day. I have learnt a lot and I hope to learn more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment